Digital Assets are the different types of files you own, like photos, videos, documents etc. Just like in the real world, things can get messy in the digital world too and it becomes necessary to clear the clutter regularly. This can be done by what is called digital asset management software.
Digital asset management software organizes and stores your files in a manner that can be very accessible for you at all times. Like many other organizing tools, asset management software is also becoming popular among the users.
This has led to the development of a number of different programs that do the asset management function but have different features and potential when compared to each other. Hence, it is a necessity for you to choose the best digital asset management software when looking for an organized digital filing system. Before going on to the list of best DAM software, let us take a look at the various advantages of having software for asset management:
Centralized organization and management of digital files. This reduces confusion while the files are being accessed by different authorized people at different times.
Ensures security and copyrighting of all files. This may be done by automated watermarking, activating copyright functions, etc.Arranges for enough space in the system, by using more cloud storage facility. This also helps in the access of files from remote locations, by authorised personnel.
Now, take a look at our top 10 picks of best digital asset management software:
Found over 25 years ago, Canto is one of the first DAM software which became popular around the world. They have won several awards in the industry, making them one of the efficient and effective programs in digital asset management.
They focus much on innovation and thus bring about changes in their programs to make the process much simpler for the customers. Canto makes use of a visually aided interface which makes it easier for the users to organize and manage their assets properly.
The software also has provisions to give separate levels of authority to different people in the company. This may be admin, contributors, consumers, etc. Each role holds different levels of access to the assets. Canto ensures brand security and centralized storage of digital assets within a company.
- Well kept and organized files: The program is designed to make the storage and access of files as easy as possible. To make this possible, they have created albums, special albums, keywords, tags, etc. These not only make the files well organized, but centralized management can also be done.
- Sharing the files: It is easy to share files with your colleagues or a client or collaborator who needs to be part of the project. The link-sharing in Canto is the perfect way to get this done. You can control the access and permissions for each person. Which helps in keeping other files safe and secure. The links that hold an expiry time is very effective in providing the right amount of time for anyone to access the files.
- Branding and Security: Canto helps in keeping the brand image live by watermarking and placing other checks on your files. They use AWS to protect and secure your files in safe data centres.
Pricing: A free trial is available, but for an advanced, customized version you will have to request for an estimate from their website https://www.canto.com/
Bynder is a globally spread DAM software founded in 2013. They are being used by a number of famous brands. This is mainly because of the very attractive brand promotion options available in their program. Bynder takes special attention to the branding of their customers by implementing simple templates and workflow for each brand separately. They have a number of offices around the globe and has a very efficient team to help each and every customer with excellent service. They have been awarded with a number of recognitions and continue to bring new innovations in the field of digital asset management.
- Centralized organization: Files are stored in a location which can be accessed by authorized personnel within a company. This is done such a way that the persona will be able to access the files even at a remote location from any authorized device.
- Security: Your assets will remain in full security with a two-fold authorization, specified rights, limits of control, etc. All these features are in-built in the software and keep a record of all file accesses made, for future reference.
- Sharing and distribution: It is very important to point out that Bynder helps in sharing your files to customers or stakeholders. This can be done by setting proper access controls and limits. Further, you can also use Bynder to distribute the files saved in its centralized storage to those who are your customers and is in a remote location.
Pricing: You would need to send the request for a quotation from their website.
3. Adobe Experience Manager
Adobe is offering a full package of digital asset management and organizing with some AI-supported data driving process to assess which of your content is receiving more ROI. This is a great advantage while taking hold of a large amount of content belonging to various genres. They are also offering a number of very effective collaborative processes which are streamlined very professionally. The data can also be accessed from any authorized device.
- AI-based driving of ROI data: As we discussed earlier, Adobe Experience Manager has the inbuilt ability to assess the velocity and capitalization of your assets to focus more on a proper revenue generation process.
- Reducing the amount of unused/ wasted assets: This is very important in DAM and can save a lot of storage and avoid the problem of unwanted duplication.
- In-built integration to external software and services: Adobe Experience Manager has the ability to transfer and perform functions on the assets using in-built collaboration with the other programs like email, e-commerce, social media marketing, etc.
Pricing: Adobe is not providing a free version, you would have to enquire regarding the price details to Adobe’s sales team. https://www.adobe.io/apis/experiencecloud/aem.html
Brandfolder is a DAM software which can be used by all kinds of customers. It can be made use in a very big organization belonging to the different sectors and individual customers who are also using it for various purposes. Brandfolder stores all kinds of files in the same location so as to avoid much confusion for the user. They are also focused on increasing brand promotion and brand centrality by enabling users to download or employ pre-set templates, watermarks, etc.
- Supports varied file formats: Images, videos, audio files and other types of assets are all supported in Brandfolder.
- Quick and simple bulk upload: When you have a large number of files to be uploaded together, Brandfolder makes it simple for you. You just need to select and drag the folders or files into the program.
- External portal: This is an added benefit for collaborators who are not part of the company to upload content. They are not given any access into your assets, but the uploading is done securely.
Pricing: No free version is available. Two types of packages are made available; premium and enterprise. You can obtain a quote from here.
This is the right choice for any companies looking for DAM software. They employ AI to tag your assets based on various features. These may be colour, objects, etc and makes the process of sorting and selecting easier for anyone who is authorized to access the files.
Founded in 2011, Cloudinary is very effective in managing digital assets. This program also helps in analyzing the performance of your assets in real-time. The results can be used for making periodical progress of each asset. Cloudinary developed its own cloud service which can be used for any image-related issues of end to end users.
- Organizing multiple file types over multiple devices: Cloudinary is very effective in organizing your digital assets, belonging to different file types. These will be stored in the cloud storage and later accessed from any device around the globe. Assets can be uploaded to the cloud as well, from different sources and in bulk too.
- Use of AI in getting finer results: The use of AI helps in auto-tagging the content as we discussed and it also helps in generating results based on the engagement of the assets. It also helps the user to find the particular files they are looking for, without long delays. This can save a lot of time.
- Security and role-based access: Access to digital assets can be controlled by assigning role-based authority to each person. This can be assigned to internal staff or external entities like stakeholders and collaborators. The use of restrictions and expiration dates can be a lot helpful in ensuring the safety of your assets.
Pricing: they provide a free version with limited benefits and paid packages starting from $89/ month. They also offer customized packages, the pricing for which can be obtained from here.
This DAM is specially used to manage image and video assets. This software allows you to alter and edit the images within its own platform. This saves a lot of effort spent on downloading the content and even storing it during the process. The videos can be of any format and can be stored, shared and distributed to anyone authorized to access the DAM. The use of the cloud to store videos can be a huge help in maintaining the storage limit. The creation of duplicates is eliminated, another method of properly conserving the storage space.
- Centralized storage, sharing and searching of digital assets: Storing the assets in a cloud can eliminate the use of hard drives or storage sticks. It can also be used to present your content to a customer who is in a remote location but has access to the internet. The tagging of content can help in easily searching for individual assets separately. Sharing files can be done by generating a link to the specific files and can eliminate the need to send each file separately through email, SMS, etc.
- Working on the assets: By using Libris, you can perform a number of activities like conversion between formats, resizing, etc. Images can be resized, recoloured, changed from JPEG to TIFF and many other actions can be taken.
- Efficient management of videos: Videos in different formats can be taken and stored. They can be tagged and marked and frame extraction can be done within Libris. These can also be sent to different users through the software itself.
Pricing: A request for quotation can be made from the website.
One of the leading DAM software, Widen is a great choice to organize and manage your content among the concerned people. It is designed to be more useful as an enterprise management tool and helps more than content management. Widen is found to be very effective in generating the analytics and prepare your content to be made good use of in the market.
- Secrets in a DAM: Widen helps in keeping the content secured and provides the facility to hide particular files from people who are not authorized to. This will, therefore, create a secured space within the organization itself.
- More connections established: Widen keep its connections with a number of different platforms and helps in right marketing of its content among the right crowd. They have access to all data which can improve the chance of your content being recognized across the web.
- Automatic tagging: The AI system can help in automated tagging of your content, leading more organized access and management of content.
Pricing: You can get the proper quote that suits your need from the website.
Aprimo is an enterprise focussed DAM software. It can help in the organization, sharing and distribution of data within a company and to authorized personnel outside the company. The streamlining of content creation and auto-tagging can be very effective in managing the content, across the web.
- Content management and collaboration: This can be done to all types of content and across the network. The collaboration process is something that can be made only after the right person is given restricted authority to your files. This is to ensure no malpractice happens.
- Perfect workflow: The workflow in Aprimo is very efficient to manage the various activities being carried out.
- Calendar: A task management process is carried out here with the help of a calendar which is to be kept updated.
Pricing: No free version is available, rather you can discuss a quote from the website.
Celum is a DAM software used by small and large establishments with a large amount of data or digital assets. They provide the facility to access, manage, upload, share and distribute the files within a company and to people who are associated in any of the projects.
- Metadata and smart functioning: The formation of metadata can be done with the organization’s entire content and this can lead to your assets being put to use at a much higher level.
- Secured and controlled content: All your content will be kept safe and secured using the right amount of authentication.
Pricing: You can request for the right quote for your need from the website.
Nuxeo is a software that can help you do more than just DAM. It is being used by a number of different businesses to manage their content among a number of different people, located at different parts of the globe.
- All kinds and sizes of content: Nuxeo can store, organize and manage files of different types and volumes. These can later be accessed and worked upon by other people who have authority to access the assets.
- Flow control: Nuxeo performs other functions than asset management and controls the workflow of every individual, within the system. This can be used to create an integrated and effective work pattern within the DAM software.
- Publishing and Analyzing: This management software is also integrated with other services like social media, email.etc. These can be used to publish the content available within the network and use it to increase the economic benefits from each content.
Pricing: A free trial version of Nuxeo is available for use.
Thus you have seen the top 10 picks of DAM software we have chosen for you. Explore each and make use of the one that is compatible with your needs.
- 10 Best Digital Asset Management Software for Your Business - April 18, 2020
- 7 TeamViewer Alternatives for Remote PC Control and Access - March 18, 2020
- 15 Famous Places To Visit inBengaluru: The IT Capital - March 9, 2020